Welcome to the details page for the 2nd 2021 Virtual SRS event!!!
These SRS hosted virtual events are either a substitute for or run in addition to our traditional in-person Robothon events!!!
This SRS event is designed to be a “free-style” show-n-tell type showcase event. Presented in a completely safe virtual environment, from the comfort\safety of your own home\office\work-shop!!!
Ideal project categories are: any type of robot build, contest specific robot build OR a general robotics related project!!!! But if your tech based project does not conveniently fit one of these areas – that’s fine – be creative with your tech skills and passions!!!!
Here are the details:
- July 10th, 2021, starting at noon (Pacific time)
- The “venue” will be Microsoft Teams
- Pre-registration is required as a Presenter (see the form below)
- You are encouraged to provide a text or video summary of your project at time of registration.
- If using video, the committee suggests you do an upload to your Youtube channel and provide the link to us.
- Pre-registration deadline is June 30th, 2021 at midnight (Pacific time)
- You can join this event either as a presenter or spectator
- Presenter preparation details:
- Pick and prepare a project of your choosing
- Do pre-registration; form at bottom of this page
- You will have 15 to 20 minutes to present your project
- Your intro\bio
- What your project is\about
- Demo content\show-n-tell: Video (live or pre-recorded), Pictures, Slides
- How it works \ the insides view
- Challenges you overcame
- What you learned\points you’d do differently next time\next steps
- Q&A and feedback (from spectators)
We will also have a Practice Session (ahead of the live event) for the presenters:
- To confirm your computer\device is compatible with MS Teams.
- To confirm setup for your camera and mic (and any other tech needed specific for your presentation)
- To practice features\tools usage when you present:
- Screen sharing\un-share etc.
- This practice session will be scheduled on an as-needed basis. It will be scheduled between the presenter and an SRS Committee member – it will also be held using Teams. When you register, indicate you would like a practice session along with your preferred days\times; see form below. Practice sessions will be available between June 26th to July 9th; as coordinated between you and the SRS Committee member. You will be contacted by email or phone to set the date\time.
There are multiple goals with this event:
- Besides the “just fun” aspect, it is intended to be educational for all: the presenters as well as the audience – to share technology based education content!!!
- It’s an opportunity for the presenters to hone their “presenting in a group” skills – an ever increasing job\employment skill needed in today’s COVID environment; to be able to demonstrate tech skills\present your bio details by using a virtual environment!!!
Still TBD items (watch this page for updates):
- The MS Teams Join link
- The anticipated duration\length of the event: this is based on the number of participants, entrants that we receive….
So get out there and use your creative tech juices to build\design a fun robotics related project to share on July 10th!!!
Here is a sample presentation of a candidate project: